Are you an eager student, looking to gain experience in a Dutch leading law firm with an international focus? Do you have specific interest in finance? And do you want to experience De Brauw’s culture and environment for yourself? Then a student traineeship is a suitable opportunity for you!
Your role as a student trainee
A student traineeship is the best way to get to know our firm and the practice, as you will get a proper view of what our lawyers do on a daily basis. As a student trainee, you will conduct legal research for the matters we work on. You will share an office with one of our lawyers, so you will be able to ask them anything – and accompany them to court hearings and client meetings. You will learn on the job, through regular contact with a partner and a senior associate on any given matter, as well as with colleagues from other practice groups. You will also be able to fully participate in all of our educational and social programmes, whether practice-specific or firmwide.
Our Finance & Restructuring team advises financial institutions, multinational companies, private equity investors and management, on the full range of corporate, asset and project financing, debt restructuring, and debt capital markets. By partnering with leading corporate and finance firms in Europe, the US and Asia, we offer seamless cross-border services to our clients. The breadth and depth of our legal capabilities in corporate, contract, security and insolvency law, and in regulatory matters, ensures that our finance and restructuring team is at the forefront of legal developments in the Netherlands.
We are looking for someone who is…
• a third-year Bachelor or Master’s student, with a strong academic record
• eager and excited to learn
• meticulous and well organised
• fluent in Dutch and English
1. Upload your documents (cover letter, CV, transcript, and, if applicable, your thesis and/or internship evaluation)
2. Submit an online personality assessment (this is not a requirement, but it helps us prepare for the interview)
3. If invited, you will be interviewed by one of our recruiters and a lawyer from the practice
4. Receive an offer